What is a Salt Cave?
A Salt Room is an artificial replica of an authentic salt mine microclimate. It consists of a temperature and humidity controlled environment hosting a rich salt aerosol atmosphere, that is completely consumed by and constructed with Himalayan salt. The atmosphere inside the room is between 66 – 67 degrees Fahrenheit at a humidity level of 30% or less.
The healing benefits of salt therapy can be noticed after a single session, as many patrons report feeling rejuvenated immediately following a session. We recommend regular salt therapy sessions, 3 times per week or more for optimal health.
What are the Benefits of a Salt Room?
Salt healing is an age-old practice that offers profound halotherapy therapeutic health benefits, including boosting the immune system, healing various respiratory and skin conditions, anti-aging, and a greater sense of well-being. To enjoy the benefits of halotherapy, a patron typically relaxes in a salt room for a period of 20 – 60 minutes.
Here you will find a comprehensive list of studies that prove the efficacy of salt therapy. Each of the studies confirms various aspects of salt room therapy and their proven benefits including:
- Atmospheric salt aerosol ionizes the air
- Halotherapy is antibacterial
- Halotherapy benefits skin diseases
Salt room therapy sessions can be combined with other services such as massage therapy. Please call the spa to upgrade your session.
Please note: A 6.875% Sales Tax will be applied to the Massage portion only on any services that include a massage.
Rules and Protocol:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your session. Sessions will begin at the top of the hour, and you will not be allowed into the Salt Room after the session begins.
- Do not leave the Salt Room during the Halotherapy Session and Yoga Classes, please use the restroom prior to the start of your session or class.
- No beverages (including water) chewing gum or food are allowed in the Salt Room at any time.
- Please do not throw salt or touch the salt walls or waterfall. Moisture and oils will damage the salt.
- Electronic devices will be not allowed in the Salt Room (Avanti is not responsible for any damages).
- Please remain very quiet so other clients in the Salt Room & Spa are not disturbed.
- If you are prone to snoring, sit more upright and attend sessions at the times of day you are able to stay awake. If snoring is unavoidable private sessions are recommended.
- Robe & Slippers must be worn at all times.
- Yoga Clients are to wear appropriate clothing for class and must bring personal Yoga Mat & Towel (Avanti will provide Yoga Blocks & Blankets).
- Cancellations that are not received within the proper time frame are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. No shows will be subject to a 100% fee; therefore, for all services, a credit card or gift card number will be required at the time of booking. Walk-ins are welcome if space is available!
Just Sit back, Relax and Breathe!
Disclaimer: While there are many clinical and scientific studies conducted on dry salt therapy (halotherapy) throughout the world, the FDA has not evaluated the statements made. Dry salt therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.