This is one of the most popular styles of yoga practiced today. This practice links together the breath with postures that transition through a sequence of movement. These classes include standing, sitting, balancing, inverting and much more. You will begin in a relaxed pose while the instructor delivers a focus or “dharma” speech that will open the mind to finding clarity on a particular topic.
Poses are held for a few minutes each to gently lengthen the muscles, lubricate the connective tissue and help to increase range of motion. This practice offers a revitalization of the tissues in the body and a chance to slow down and fully calm the mind. You will begin to quickly dial in and cultivate gratitude for the body as a whole while listening to uplifting, positive affirmations from the instructor. Yin allows you the ability to tend to all facets of life; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Guided Meditation and Breathwork
These classes will allow you to completely melt away from reality and help to release ruminating thoughts. You will be guided through a mindful meditation that will provide stress relief on a mental, physical and emotional level. The more we set aside time to meditate, the more we boost activity in the regions of the brain associated with decreasing anxiety, controlling negative emotions, regulating stress and easing depression
Marci received her Yoga Certification from Samasti Yoga School in Bali, Indonesia. She underwent a five-week fully immersive yoga teacher training that prepared her to teach with the whole student in mind. She has been teaching ever since, continuing to deepen, evolve, and enrich her yoga studies with consistent practice and continuing education. Marci teaches from her own personal journey, sharing how poses benefit the body and how they translate off the mat. She offers modifications in the hopes to make the benefits of the poses accessible to all students. Her compassionate teaching style and soft-spoken, whimsical tone will have you mesmerized with feeling calm and uplifted. She begins her classes with readings that will offer spiritual guidance to be used on and off the mat. Marci hopes that her classes allow students to explore their yoga goals and intentions to their fullest capacity through awareness of the breath and the exploration of mobility, strength, balance and flexibility.
What is a Salt Cave?
A Salt Cave is an artificial replica of an authentic salt mine microclimate. It consists of a temperature and humidity controlled environment hosting a rich salt aerosol atmosphere, that is completely consumed by and constructed with Himalayan salt. The atmosphere inside the room is between 66 – 67 degrees Fahrenheit at a humidity level of 30% or less.
A Salt Room is short for Himalayan Salt Room, also known as a Salt Cave and is ultimately an artificial replica of an authentic salt mine microclimate. A salt room creates a hypo-allergenic and allergen-free environment, which is both temperature and humidity-controlled. The micron-sized salt particles are antibacterial and anti-fungal and thus have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
Rules and Protocol:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your session. Sessions will begin at the top of the hour, and you will not be allowed into the Salt Cave after the session begins.
- Do not leave the Salt Cave during the Halotherapy Session and Yoga Classes, please use the restroom prior to the start of your session or class.
- No beverages (including water) chewing gum or food are allowed in the Salt Cave at any time.
- Please do not throw salt or touch the salt walls or waterfall. Moisture and oils will damage the salt.
- Electronic devices will be not allowed in the Salt Cave (Avanti is not responsible for any damages).
- Please remain very quiet so other clients in the Salt Cave & Spa are not disturbed.
- If you are prone to snoring, sit more upright and attend sessions at the times of day you are able to stay awake. If snoring is unavoidable private sessions are recommended.
- Robe & Slippers must be worn at all times.
- Yoga Clients are to wear appropriate clothing for class and must bring personal Yoga Mat & Towel (Avanti will provide Yoga Blocks & Blankets).
- Cancellations that are not received within the proper time frame are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. No shows will be subject to a 100% fee; therefore, for all services, a credit card or gift card number will be required at the time of booking. Walk-ins are welcome if space is available!
Just Sit back, Relax and Breathe!
Disclaimer: While there are many clinical and scientific studies conducted on dry salt therapy (halotherapy) throughout the world, the FDA has not evaluated the statements made. Dry salt therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.